Alyssa and Austin wanted a historic city feel for their engagement photos and downtown Macon proved to be the perfect backdrop! A love story 10 years in the making, their love story began in high school when Austin liked Alyssa. Their life went down separate paths and it wasn’t until Austin moved back to their hometown that they reconnected, began dating, and fell in love. These two have a love that is so wonderful to witness. With the temperamental summer storms, this engagement session almost didn’t happen as there was a downpour right before their session. Luckily for us, the weather cooperated and we roamed downtown Macon looking for the best spots.
Top 5 downtown Macon locations for photos
Looking for the best photo locations in downtown Macon, Georgia? I’ve got you covered! Here are my 5 favorite spots to take photos.
- Macon City Auditorium-a beautiful, historic (and functioning!) auditorium that’s a national landmark.
- Woodruff House-this historic mansion (part of the Mercer University law school) is a perfect location for those looking for a traditional Southern building.
- Intersection of Cherry St. and Second St.-this is one of my personal favorite streets in downtown Macon. The Capitol Theater is right off this corner, as are several picturesque storefronts. Plus, pop by Ocmulgee Brewpub after your photos for the best burgers ever! Looking for a local boutique to find an outfit for your photos? Check out Frankie’s Boutique right on Cherry St. One of my other favorite features of this downtown Macon street is that you can usually hear live music being played.
- Dunlap Park-running down Poplar St., this small park has a charming brick walkway and is lined with beautiful trees. If you come here around March/April, you’ll see the cherry blossoms blooming.
- Hotel Forty Five-one of downtown Macon’s newest boutique hotels, their rooftop bar has a beautiful view. From here, you can see the top of the Macon City Auditorium and St. Joseph’s Catholic Church.
Looking for wedding venue suggestions instead? Don’t worry-I have you covered! I can’t wait to photograph Alyssa and Austin’s wedding next year! If you’d like to inquire about my wedding photography services, I’d love to hear from you!
August 29, 2022