It’s almost time for the most popular time of the year to take photos-fall! I’ll be doing a series of outfit inspiration posts for every family member. I know that finding something that photographs well and coordinates with the family can be a challenge. Have no fear! I have a few tips to make the process a little smoother and suggestions for things you’ll love. First up-mom!
I always suggest mom chooses her outfit first. Pick something you love and coordinate everyone else’s outfit to yours! Flowy dresses always look best. They allow for movement and are figure flattering. I recommend midi or maxi length. You don’t want to be worried about flashing anyone if you need to bend down:) Like always, neutral tones are best option! These contribute to light and bright images and are timeless. Pastel and muted shades (think periwinkle, light blue, sage, rust, mauve, dusty pink, olive, grey, brown) are also great options if shades of cream/white don’t fit your style! Here are some of my favorite dresses for fall family photos.
- Baltic Born Brylee Swiss Dot Dress- if you want something feminine and dressy, this is it!
- Doen Stanza Dress– the puff sleeves and bodice are flattering on a variety of body types and the skirt has wonderful movement.
- Free People Plenty of Love Maxi- the dress of my neutral dreams! Flowy, off white, and with sleeves-perfect for any time of the year. The burnished lilac color is also a top pick!
- Free People Oasis Midi Dress- another neutral winner. This silhouette is also very figure flattering! The nomadic desert color is another good option.
- Pink Blush Camel Maxi Dress– if shades of white aren’t your jam, this camel option is beautiful for fall!
- Nothing Fits But Smocked Dress-perfect for pregnancy and postpartum (or not!), this also comes in different color patterns.
- Amazon Puff Sleeves Midi/Maxi– a winner from Amazon and a personal favorite! Super flattering, available in a variety of colors and also bump friendly. I wore this both 4 and 9 months pregnant. My favorite colors are: apricot, brown, army green, dusty blue, rust brown, and khaki. This dress will not work on shorter people. I am 5’10” and it hits a few inches above my ankles.
- Baltic Born Fabian Jaquard Midi Dress-a sweet blue pattern on a white dress. Midi length but still with a flattering silhouette.
- Bohme Twist Midi Dress-if you want a dress that is a little sleeker but not form fitting, this option from Bohme is just beautiful. Probably what I would wear for my own photos!
- Bohme Willa Ruffle Dress- the ruffles add a feminine touch to a more “no fuss” dress. My favorite color choices are sage, ivory, lavender, light blue, rose, and blush.
I hope you found these suggestions helpful! Up next-outfits for girls. If you’d like to reach out about booking your Columbus, MS family photos, I’d love to hear from you!
August 18, 2023