Micah’s relaxed lifestyle newborn photo session was the perfect way to start off a morning! Originally, his newborn photos were supposed to be outdoors, but due to inclement weather we ended up moving them indoors. I know sometimes getting ready for an in home newborn session can seem intimidating, but if I can convince you of anything, it’s that they’re not!
5 reasons to opt for in home newborn photos
When you’re welcoming a newborn, one of the last things on your mind is “how does my house look?!”. I get it! However, let me give you three reasons for why you actually might prefer a session in your home.
- You have everything you already need right there! No need to pack the bottles, paci, burp clothes, diapers, wipes, change of clothes, and all the other things newborns require. You can have everything within reach in the comfort of your own home.
- You get intimate and authentic photos. Your home is the perfect location for lifestyle newborn photos. We can capture precious moments of your new family in a relaxed and authentic way.
- No need to worry about extreme weather. Rain, cold, or hot weather can be uncomfortable and impossible to work around with a newborn. Your home is climate controlled to your preference!
- In case of other young children, they are already in a familiar environment. If you have other children, they might still be getting used to having a baby in the house. Being in a familiar environment gives them a little bit more control and allows for breaks with all of their favorite things.
- Bonus: we really only need one great window that gives good light! No need to prepare your whole house just for me (I’ve had newborns, I promise I don’t judge!). Just make sure there’s some space near a good window and that’s all we need.
With an impending move, we decided to only use the space by their kitchen window. Would you believe me if I told you these were only taken in about a 6 foot space?! Micah’s lifestyle newborn photos turned out cozy, casual, and reflected the overwhelming love Elizabeth and Noah have for their little bundle . For more information on newborn sessions (both in home and outdoor!), please reach out through my contact form. I would love to hear from you!
February 9, 2023