Congratulations-you’re pregnant! As you prepare for the arrival of your little bundle, I know you’re constantly bombarded with all. the. things! Having just had my third baby, I’ve been thinking a lot of the items that I find absolutely essential and the ones I could have done without! With your first, everything seems so overwhelming. Every place you register has a “must have” list of baby essentials with no less than 30 items. Let me tell you one thing I’ve learned-you don’t need it all! I’ve compiled a list of my favorite items that I reach for over and over again. I hope you find it helpful as you compile your own registry!
- Hatch Sound Machine-with different color lights and white noise options, this is wonderful for middle of the night feeds and lulling baby to sleep. Our toddler still loves it as a sound machine! I love that I can control it from my phone.
- Skip Hop Changing Pad-with as many accidents as babies have, I didn’t find the traditional cloth changing table appealing (anything to spare myself more laundry!). I love that you can just wipe this mat down after using it. It’s lightweight and easy to clean. The mobile portion can also be removed, which is helpful for when baby tries to take it off.
- Moby Wrap-a LIFESAVER, especially if you have multiple children! Of all the wraps I’ve tried, this one is hands down my favorite. Breathable fabric and multiple color options. Baby stays snug (which in turn can help calm them down when they’re fussy) and you have use of both your hands. Having your baby so close to you also promotes the mother-baby bond.
- Muslin Burp Cloths-the BEST burp clothes! Absorbent and don’t fade easily.
- Boppy Pillow– whether you decide to nurse or bottle feed, this versatile pillow can be used by both mom and dad to support baby during feedings. This pillow can also be used for tummy time as well as support independent sitting.
I hope this gives you a good starting point as you build your registry!
July 15, 2023